Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Picture Tour

I will have at least one big blog post coming sometime after the big campus event this Saturday. Until then, I thought I would give you guys a picture tour of some aspects of my daily life here. I know that I always like to be able to envision what my friends are doing when they are in a totally new place, so hopefully it will be somewhat interesting to you to see some of the things I see daily.

Welcome to Handong! This stone sits as the bottom of the hill that leads you up to Handong.

This is the familiar walk toward my resident hall, International House. It's the red/brown brick building on the right.

My beloved I House! A welcoming home

This is where I do most of my homework. Not the tidiest desk, but it works well for me

This is where I go to church and chapel every week

This is the lake where I go to find peace and quiet

This is a path I walk to and from class every week

This is a path I walk just for fun. Interesting buildings, nice scenery

This is the library where most students will spend a lot of time. Also a classroom building

One of the first and biggest buildings on campus and where the majority of my classes are held

This is the one big, open grassy field on campus. And you aren't really supposed to walk on it, so I just gaze at it longingly every day. That big building is the cafeteria/student union building

This is a high view of the cafeteria and the sports fields right in front of it. There is a running track, basketball court and soccer field all in one

Inside the cafeteria where I eat almost every day

 These are some of the things I eat at said cafeteria, though these are just a few options
Seaweed soup, kimchii curry rice
Egg, sauce, and fried shrimp on rice
Tteokbokki. Spicy stuff!
This is only served at night, after dinner. They give you a burner, noodles and then you cook it yourself. Delicious

So now maybe you have a clearer picture in your heads as to what the everyday things look like for me. If I did a really thorough job you would be overloaded with pictures, so I will be kind and leave it at this for now. I have to say, I really love this campus and think it is beautiful. I am managing just fine on the cafeteria food, though it can be a bit repetitive and sometimes I just want a home-cooked meal. But I am content and in no real hurry to leave. 
As always, thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment