Thursday, September 5, 2013

Some Beautiful Things

After orientation we had a few days of freedom (our last days!) before class. On Saturday we moved into our housing for the semester, which involved me lugging heavy bags up and down dozens of and dozens of stairs. After this was accomplished, a large group of us internationals decided to walk down to the beach. With a very kind Korean friend as our guide, a large group of us set off.

I am not sure if I have ever been on such a beautiful walk before. It is around six miles to the beach, and you walk through rice fields surrounded by rolling hills. The sun was high, but not too bright, and the wind was cool but not too cold. 




The walk was breath-taking. But then we reached the ocean, and I was blown away all over again. The sand was clean, the water clear, and the area not crowded or industrialized. I have been to only two other beaches before, but they could not compare.





Whenever I get to spend time in such beauty, I always feel like God is sending me a love letter. I feel like He is telling me, "I love you, and made all of this for you to enjoy. Do you like it?" Yes, I love it. This outing was such a refreshing blessing, simple as it may seem. 

Also, not only was the ocean and the walk there wonderful, but so was the company I went with. I really love getting to know these people, and hearing their stories and seeing their smiles. I already treasure the memories I have made--especially now that school is upon us and there is not a lot of time for fun activities like going to the ocean! But life is good, and I am richly blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful scenery there at the beach! I loved living by the ocean in British Columbia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! Everything here is so dusty and brown--the blue is absolutely stunning! I want a beach now... *hugs*

    ReplyDelete